Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The Undertaker And His Pals - 1966

I'm going through the list of movies on this boxset, watching the shortest ones first. So far, I'm not finding any lurking 2 or 3 hour films thank god.

The Undertaker and His Pals. Okay, so in the title I'm guessing that they're going for an alt/comedic approach? And yes, they are...uuugh. I thought of something in the realm of comedy as I watched this, I'll explain here:
There's this idea in comedy, and I will first say I don't find it funny. It's the John Waters approach, similar in Undertaker here, and it's the idea that "gross" and "classless" is just soooooo funny. I never find this kind of comedy very funny. So your redneck or your trans actor says something gross and makes a weird face while wiping their ass with the American flag. Is that funny? No, I say no.

Undertaker follows that approach with it's comedy a lot, and when it's not doing that, it follows the same plot of The Corpse Grinders. Some guys are using dead bodies to provide food, this time it's for people instead of cats. They run a shitty greasy spoon restaurant where no one comes anyways, and they dress up in stupid costumes sometimes to chop up and kill people... yeeeeep.

The Undertaker and His Pals is a ok horror comedy with no horror and no comedy. The characters try, the movie tries and you can tell. But it's too amateur to be anything but a dumb flick. With no skin, no real development, and nothing else worth mentioning, it ends up in a weird grey middle are where I feel bad for slamming it, but I certainly didn't enjoy it. 1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...