Thursday, January 11, 2024

Shattered - 1991

 Nailed the year.

I don't know why this is the second time I've seen this movie, and I don't remember when I saw it either.  But I definitely have seen this before.  Yet, I still rented it on Amazon just now for $4.

Tom Berenger and Bob Hoskins star in this erotic thriller type flick, an odd and interesting mystery.  In the beginning a car goes off a cliff and Tom Berenger is badly wounded in the crash, his wife luckily not so much.  As he regains his face and his capabilities, his life and his memories return, only there are some mysterious missing things and other memories that point to an odd mystery.  

Shot and set in San Francisco, this movie is a delight  It moves quickly and the weirdness of it is just enough to keep you going.  Directed by Wolfgang Petersen, it has a flair and a style that is unique enough to differentiate it, and it can be genuinely fun sometimes with its flairs.  

The whole movie also features a hilarious turn that the company our main character works for is going to take this giant barge out into the ocean and sink it - but the barge is rusted out and leaking chemicals and toxic waste.  It's hilarious and the set is great, and to think they are going to dump it would be super funny if it did not reflect real life.

I liked it both times, and it holds up on a rewatch.  I will give it 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...