Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Panic - 1982

 Also known as Zombie 4 and Monster of Blood.

Panic, I guessed the 70s earlier in writing the review, and that's cuz this movie looks like a lil old lady.  It doesn't run like one, but does it look blurry and fuzzy, man.

Panic caught my attention early on because I was half paying attention and the music was awesome, thus prompting me to fucking pay attention cause this movie might actually be worth watching.  I did pay attention to the rest of it, cause I have a job to do, the job is watching movies.

Panic is clearly a low budget sleezy gunk-ridden film, one where in the first 5 minutes, a guy turns into a monster and kills someone, and a woman is shown topless fucking a guy in a car.  I mean, I'm just saying, you know you're in for a treat early on.  

The movie cannot maintain that breakneck pace of course, but when this one slows down, it still remains relatively wackadoo.  Is that word trending?  I feel like I've been hearing it a lot lately. The monster in the film is seen a lot, and there's a weird off kilter feeling to the characters and many of the interactions that keeps this one from being a total gutter flick.

The town quarantines and calls in the big guns, so a lot of this movie is microscopic in scope, which really helps, and keeps the character count minimal while keeping the tension high.  There's a ton of weird shit in this movie, and it moves along extremely fast, and I did like it a lot.  I'll give it a four.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...