Saturday, February 19, 2022

The Loch Ness Terror - 2008

 The SciFi channel or SyFy channel was a mainstay for about 5 years of my life, and it was around this time that this movie came out, 2008ish.  There is a very high chance I watched this when it was new on the TV.

Brian Krause stars in this obviously made for TV movie.  It seemed at this time that there was a new made for TV movie on this channel every week, and it was either Friday or Saturday's where they'd end up doing a marathon of these bottom of the barrel, F grade features.  I'd inevitably watch most of them.  

The Loch Ness Terror, oddly enough, does not take place in Scotland, but rather supposedly on Lake Superior.  There is another Nessie creature there, and this giant motherfucker is a terrible CGI monstrosity that's gonna eat you whole.  

Yuuuup.  My Friday, ladies and gentlemen.

You get what you expect, and this movie is complete trash.  But what I didn't expect is the change in me.  I used to watch trash with a cool, complete level of acceptance.  I had a soft spot for movie like this, hence me watching those aforementioned Saturday marathons.  Well, the discovery is that the soft spot is gone.  This is just bad.  It's not fun bad.  It's simply bad bad.

Of minor interest, the composer of this is a Turkish woman who went on to be huge in the business, recently doing the music for the Captain Marvel movie.  Weird!

I'll give is half a star instead of zero, for old times sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...