Thursday, September 9, 2021

Kansas City Confidential - 1952

I'm taking a stab at the year here and I might be wrong. I'm back from a three-month trip and I'm ready to get back into the movie reviews.

Kansas City Confidential had a DVD that claimed it was classic or a film noir, or something. I don't remember. either way it was a impulse rent, and i watched it in two sittings.

The movie is about a "perfect crime".  A couple guys are recruited by mysterious man in a mask, they are made to wear masks and they don't know who each other are.  They also do not get to get the money right away, they have to sit on it for a minute and that makes them potentially more likely to get away with it. The job involved framing a flower delivery driver, who is now out for revenge, and he can use the tactics police can't....

The movie has decent performances, highlighted by Lee Van Cleef as one of the criminals who pulled the job. He really commands the screen, and although he achieved some success I wonder why he isn't more well known. The plot goes as you expect it will, and there's not a lot to say about this one. Overall, I guess I'd say it's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...