Saturday, November 28, 2020

Death Warmed Up - 1981

Sometimes you can just tell when a movie has a cult following. And sometimes all it needs is to be made in New Zealand.

Death Warmed Up has a plot synopsis listed on IMDb and Wikipedia. They might be accurate, for all I know. I don't remember this movie having a plot at all besides "random shit happening and characters reacting". In the beginning of this movie, some guy Michael and a few of his friends are driving around and pretty soon all sorts of crazy shit is happening to them. There's a cult that's after them and pretty soon demons and such show up.

I could tell that this had a cult following because it was really over the top, really fast paced, and really stupid. I never knew what was going on, but I was entertained, and that's something.

I'm unconvinced about the plot, but it's better than a lot of movies, boxset or not. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...