Saturday, May 23, 2020

Planets Against Us - 1962

I put in this 60s film.  A bit about my life now first.   I have been in the cabin, and I literally went through a long period of not watching anything.  I just haven't been in the mood, and with the library and all closed, and since my video rental store has a shitty as fuck collection, I was getting by on only watching The Twilight Zone...  which will eventually get a review, cause fuck it, why not.

This is a typical 50's feeling sci fi flick complete with all the dialogue, vague plot pieces, and glacial movement you'd expect.  It has been a long, long time since I saw something like this.  But I knocked it out, as I do.

This movie is very much dialogue driven, and I guess that makes sense.  Essentially, there is a alien on Earth who has taken the image of a recently deceased guy. This alien somehow appears at multiple places on the globe in the first few minutes of the movie, and when the government finds out about this, they begin an investigation and there is a mystery afoot.

You know, I watched this a day or two ago I guess, but I seriously don't remember anything about this.  I might have fallen asleep, I did sip a nice Irish whiskey during it, but was not drunk for sure.  I think it was completely unremarkable....that might be the problem...?

Either way, it kept me mildly entertained sometimes, but it was slow as cold molasses and it had no thrills to it at all.  Cool monster shots at the very end for like 15 seconds.  1.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...