Thursday, September 19, 2019

Scream of the Wolf - 1974

About 20 minutes into Scream of the Wolf, we know who the killer is.  Yes, this is a movie where they try to hide it exactly twice, but I still called it very early on.

Made for TV movies are something else aren't they?  I put this on, watched it in chunks, enjoyed it mildly.  If this was on TV and I was in 1974, and I wasn't doing anything, I'd be happy enough watching this.  It's got known actors, it has plot suspense, it has kills, it even has a mild amount of blood.  I mean, what more can you need?

Peter Graves, Clint Walker, Jo Ann Pflug, and others star in this made for TV movie that aired January 16th, 1974 on ABC.  Isn't that strange, those specific details?  I'm going to guess it was a Friday or Saturday..  nope, it was a Wednesday, and can you imagine that you went to your blue collar job, you spent the day wearing bell bottom jeans, you got in your Chevy truck and drove home, perhaps picking up a canned meat product and a jello salad on your way home, and then you watched this while you used a churchkey to open can after can of Coors?

Yup, it was a different world and yet it still sort of stands up, this movie was not that bad and I in fact dug it a little bit.  It was "groovy" or perhaps "outta sight".  Further research shows this was based on a book by Richard Matheson, it was directed by the guy who did Burnt Offerings, and I will say that it probably fooled a few peeps into thinking the killer was certain other things, people, or animals or anything really than what the killer actually was.  Again, I called it.  Losers.

I liked it just fine, but it's admittedly pretty low scale and slow.  It gets a three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...