Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Hack-O-Lantern - 1988


The sublimely titled Hack-O-Lantern is the type of movie one might put on while doing other things.  Yes.  This is the type of movie that you have to agree doesn't have "mass appeal" even though it has kills and nudity and a guy in a mask....  This has B-grade written all over it's face.

This is the type of movie where I'm literally having difficulty remembering any details about the plot.  It's a slasher, and details are not big to begin with, but I mean I am sitting here wondering, was there a love story, side stories, anything?!  ANYTHING?!  But no, I don't think so.  I think it was simply:  girls getting hunted by guy in a stupid mask (see above), some nudity, and people wondering who is doing the killing.

It's a very black and white plot for a very by the numbers slasher.  One thing I didn't like is that the killer is at times depicted as superhuman, such as having super strength in the above pictured scene - he kills that woman by first squeezing her to death with her dress ties in the back.  Also, spoiler alert, but later when it's revealed who the killer it is, it also sort of implies there may have been multiple killers, which I just never like.  I like the classic "one guy" approach.

Hm.  I don't have much to say here.  I watched it at work, getting paid.  I give it a 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...