Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Return of the Street Fighter - 1974

And we're back with the return of Sonny Chiba as the Street Fighter which came out the same year as the first film. I might as well review these since I have them on a box set, right? I don't feel like I'm watching any movies these days at all so at least you're getting something.

In the sequel we have some flashbacks to the first film including the last testicle ripping scene, and we have another plot about Sonny Chiba being on either side for some sort of political nonsense plot line. All culminates in the fight scene towards the end, and I will say that this time they needed more action.

The music is back, the clothes are back, the over-the-top acting is back, and it definitely entertains a lot. However, like I was saying, I could have done with a few more action scenes especially in the beginning.

Some nudity in it this time was nice and there is a funny scene where Sonny stabbed someone with a gun.. oh, yes you read that right.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...