Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Trapped By Television - 1936

This movie was a quick winner of one of my most difficult ones to watch and understand.  I should first of all state that I thought it had a way different plot from the plot it had, and that I didn't watch it in one sitting.  And that I equally don't feel like writing reviews right now.  But Sci Fi Invasion boxset implores I do.

Trapped By Television is NOT the film in which people become trapped in a TV.  This is instead some boring drama about a sciency guy that invents some gizmo and then the different people that want at the thing for their own reasons.  He takes the gizmo to these other scientists and they understand it and wanna market it but in the meantime the evil doers also want to capture the invention and use it for their own nefarious purposes.  I love that word, nefarious.

It was pretty slow and hum-dum, but it won't kill you.  It felt very dated, and the whole plot setup was so straight forward it was actually hard to watch and take seriously.  That's why I say difficult in my opening line.  I kept expecting more, and then being sadly disappointed when nothing happened.  In a modern take on this, a whole shitload more would happen in the story.

I can't hate on it too much, but I also can't think of any reason why most people would watch it.  Features bad acting, a bad script, and a idea that's been done a lot, so....enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...