Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Choke Canyon - 1986

I'm getting ready to donate the VHS soon. All this stupid VHS I bought that I've been collecting, it's all going to go. I'm having VCR trouble, and frankly, I'll probably not replace it. Welcome to 2021 bitch.

Choke Canyon looked like a winner. I mean, check out the VHS box cover art. I love VHS art man!

Stephen Collins stars as a rogue scientist working in the desert on some random world-saving technology I don't remember. His land is being used as a toxic waste dump by some giant corporation who didn't know he lives there and when they find out, they set out to remove him. When their attempt to remove him in a conventional way doesn't work, they try it by force. So we have a second rate action 80's flick and you know? It ain't bad!

Written in part by horror schlockmaster Ovidio G. Assonitis, Choke Canyon moves at a good rate, the stars do well, and it has a generic love interest but she's good! The action is minimal, but once you get to the end, hold the shit on because the plane and helicopter stunts are fucking fantastic and last quite a while. Lance Henrickson is the main villain, and he's dependable as always, and the movie has all the right ingredients when you need them.

Matt opted not to finish it the night we started it, but he's a rank amateur and was falling asleep. I rode this one out no problem. I'll even give it a solid 3.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...