Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Frankenstein's Daughter - 1958

Frankenstein had quite a family.  If you look enough, you'll find he had a well known bride, he had a son, and he has a daughter in this movie.  It's of course known of his many conflicts, whether it's meeting Abbot and Costello, or fighting giant monsters in Japan, or involved in the conflicts of Dracula and the Wolfman.  The guy gets around.

Frankenstein's Daughter is a incredibly amazing movie.  Oh wait.  I forgot I was talking about Frankenstein's Daughter for a minute there.  No, this movie isn't that great.  It's one of these like, the fuck do you expect from this, you know?

Turns out my work has blocked my option to view my blog.  Apparently they have caught on to the fact that blogs can contain nudity or generally, stuff which is not work necessary, so they have put a block onto blogspot viewing, but oddly, not blogspot writing.  Does this spell the premature death for my blog?  I can only imagine, if my future does go the way I expect it to go, that soon enough this blog will end anyways.

This blog started born out of my desire to write regularly.  First, I thought I had to lot to say about music, and I started Strange Music Spotlight.  Turns out I had nothing real to write about, and soon enough I wanted to write more.  Well, movies should have been obvious to me all along.  It gave me a reason to watch stuff I'd always wanted to see, such as my first review Killdozer.  It also gave a document as to some of the more forgettable things I'd seen.  But honestly, if I end up having slow ass internet, or if I get busy, or if I just try to watch less movies, this blog is stopping.  And it does seem to look like all of these things might happen soon enough.

This isn't necessarily the last entry, and I will probably do a boxset like retrospective of every movie in this blog, giving awards and memories and such.  Sometimes, writing a blog would be the most exciting thing about a day, and sometimes rereading my past reviews gave me great joy.  I even turned it into an actual published review thing, as shown on Morbidly Beautiful  (I was soon thereafter no longer on the site, cause I don't want to pay attention to their stupid facebook posts).  Fuck you facebook, I'm not capitalizing you.

Frankenstein's Daughter had some bad makeup, a love story very indicative of the time in which it was made.  It had a pseudo sexual line something like "Pretty soon I won't be leaving for the night.  That's right, we're engaged."  I wish one of these movies from the 50's just had the line "I think me and the wife are going to experiment with anal sex"  I'd fucking kill myself.  With joy.

Nothing to say beyond irrelevant stuff unrelated to the movie, which I will give 1.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...