Monday, August 24, 2015

The Gingerdead Man - 2005

Charles Band.  No, I haven't had enough of him yet.  Obviously.  It's not my fault he's all over Amazon Prime Instant View.  Or whatever it's called.  I added a bunch of movies of his production companies.  Some of them I didn't know were associated with him, some I did know.  This one I did know was his, yet I watched it anyway.  Something is clearly very wrong with me.

I've been listening to all the old My Bloody Valentine albums, all the ones that came out before the landmark of Loveless, and I only mention that because I'm listening to it right now, and if I hear a Kevin Shields quote that fits this movie, I'm gonna drop it.  Here's a good one just now:  "I want to go."  As in, go away from this movie.  Go, run.

Gary Busey is the kind of actor no one will understand in like 20 years.  Why he was ever in movies, why people got him to be an actor of all things.  Looking at the dude, he instead looks like the kinda dude who'd catch a fish, gut it and eat it raw, all whilst telling you about his strict religious beliefs.  He's a conflict of different type of person, both totally insane but also roped in tight as anything.  He has a great quote in Point Break, "I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead rhino."  I've been really hungry, but holy shit, that guy's totally fucking insane.

Did I mention this movie had 3 sequels yet?  Just like any ridiculously named Band movie, people saw it because of the stupid name, and it got it's "deserved" cult following, and now it came back a few times, and even fought Band's other monster, the Evil Bong.  Oh man.  I'm so fucking tired.  I just got back from a 4 day trip to LA, we drove both ways cause we're clearly awesome.  And we didn't even get to see where Full Moon Features is located.

I'm not going to sink to describe the plot.  Re-read the title of the movie.

It's ok to riff, drink to, get high while watching, shoot yourself to, and just put on cause your life is awesome.  Otherwise, go outside.  Shit, go do something.  Don't watch this movie.  It's not funny, it's not tongue in cheek, it's just dumb, and I feel like a worse person for watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saw IV / Saw V - 2007/ 2008

 I'm going dual review because this series is not giving me a lot to say, and in fact I barely remember what happened in these films des...